Jen Melville

I’m a social media nerd, fitness and dog lover. I love spreading good vibes through social media and in life!

Placed 31st

in south group fifteen

Ms. Health and Fitness and Jared Allen's Homes for Wounded Warriors would like to thank Jen Melville and her voters for helping us donate $179,724.93 to our injured United States military veterans!





Q&A


What would you recommend to others who want to be fit and healthy?

Honestly, BALANCE! I've competed twice, been obsessed with food and workouts and felt the mental downfall of rebounding hard. The last year of my life has been the absolute best mentally as I've finally learned that we don't have to obsess in order to reach goals and feel good about ourselves. I follow a fairly clean diet, eating good 80% of the time and the other 20%...well, let's just say PIZZA and BRUNCH rule! Working out shouldn't be a burden and neither should be feeling good mentally.

How does fitness positively influence your life?

Fitness entered my life at a time when I was needing to gain mental strength. I was going through a rough patch in my life and I found therapy through the gym, and my alone time lifting became the part of my life that was missing. Being mentally strong is something that I have fought hard for and finding fitness was the best part of the journey. I love to encourage women to find this same form of therapy in the gym and help anyone who needs a hand in learning.

If you were the next Ms Health and Fitness, what would you do with $20,000?

My "other" passion is dogs and community, so I have a dream of opening a dog cantina in my city where people can come together, enjoy time with their dogs and raise money to support rescue shelters across the country. I recently began a company to focus on raising the funds to open the facility and my goal is to have it up in about a year. This $20,000 would be a GREAT start towards this dream becoming reality.